Connect with us

Viral News

13-Year-Old Boy Dies After Trying Deadly TikTok Benadryl Challenge



13-Year-Old Dead Dies After Trying Deadly TikTok Benadryl Challenge 

13-Year-Old Dead Dies After Trying Deadly TikTok Benadryl Challenge

An Ohio teen tragically perished after overdosing on over-the-counter medication while attempting a viral TikTok stunt.

The 13-year-old victim, Jacob Stevens, had been partaking in the “Benadryl Challenge,” a dangerous pursuit in which participants take 12 to 14 of the antihistamines — six times the recommended dose — in order to induce hallucinations.

The potentially deadly stunt started blowing up in 2020 as teens uploaded their attempts on TikTok in order to gain social media clout.


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Daily Loud (@daily_loud)

Jacob’s father, Justin, told ABC 6 that his son was at home last weekend with friends when he overdosed. Footage taken by his pals showed the Columbus resident downing the pills, after which his body reportedly started to seize up.

“It was too much for his body,” the teen’s devastated father said. Jacob was subsequently rushed to the hospital and put on a ventilator. Despite medics’ best efforts, the boy perished six days later on what his father described as the “worst day of his life.”

In light of his son’s tragic death, the devastated Ohioan is also warning parents about the dangers of teens using social media unsupervised.

“Keep an eye at what they’re doing on that phone,” he said. “Talk to them about the situation. I want everyone to know about my son.”

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment logged in Login

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.